I-Cat Digital Scan
Harrington Orthodontics uses iCAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging to visualize root positions, impacted teeth, airways, and a variety of anomalies. We believe that 3D imaging is far superior to traditional digital 2D x-ray for the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic problems. Many dentists and dental specialists also use our i-CAT® Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System to provide quick, comfortable, and effective dental imaging for the most precise dental health diagnosis possible. i-CAT® technology provides 3D data for:
- Dental implants
- SureSmile imaging
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
- Patients can take advantage of a more complete dental treatment with i-CAT® imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One, 20-second scan that provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than standard digital x-rays
- Increased comfort — patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost-effective imaging system
- Doctors can easily share the data with patients, so patients stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment
I-CAT® FLX CONE BEAM 3D SYSTEM
Our office is pleased to offer i-CAT® 3D imaging for patients receiving orthodontics or dental treatment. If you have been referred to our office by another dentist or specialist for 3D imaging, come and see for yourself what it’s like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly dental imaging experience. The i-CAT® FLX Cone Beam 3D system is designed to provide greater flexibility in scanning, planning, and treatment.
- Full dentition 3D imaging at a dose lower than a 2D Panoramic X-ray with QuickScan+
- Visual iQuity™ advanced image technology delivers i-CAT’s clearest 3D and 2D images
- Easy-to-use, guided workflow with the SmartScan STUDIO™ touchscreen interface
- Capture traditional 2D panoramic images with the i-PAN™ feature
- Ergonomic Stability System to minimize patient movement and reduce the need for retakes
iTero Intraoral Scanner
The Itero Intraoral Scanner is a touch screen scanner that decreases the need of taking dental molds. We can instantly, digitally see a virtual before and after of how your teeth would look with Invisalign.
What does it do?
The iTero Intraoral Scanner makes it possible to create digital impressions for Invisalign and other orthodontic procedures without the messy discomfort associated with traditional impression techniques.
Impressions are necessary for Dr. Harrington to see the exact position of your teeth and to make a precise treatment plan for Invisalign aligners. The iTero scanner is all about keeping you comfortable while delivering precise imagery, without the putty-filled impression tray. Not only is it more comfortable, but taking a digital scan for your Invisalign ® aligners is quicker and more accurate. Here are some benefits of the iTero Intraoral Scanner
- Powder-free virtual impressions can be seen immediately
- Outcome and treatment option visibilities make custom treatment plans easier
- Expected outcomes can be seen before treatment commences
- Invisalign patients that started with an iTero scan have seven times fewer fit issues than those starting with traditional impressions.